Beta, Have some Dhokla / Rava Idli / Samosa
I hope you all are aware about this –
Eno is nothing but sodium bicarbonate.
When it is mixed with water it releases carbon dioxide.
Carbon dioxide when come in contact with water make carbolic Acid.
This carbolic acid does two things.
1) Stimulate valve of stomach to contract.
2) Helps fragmentation of food.
Once the valves of stomach is closed the heart burn vanishes as hydrocloric acid stops coming out of stomach inside food pipe.
Same effect can be created with soda water or carbonated soft drinks.
Simplest of the chemicals also should be avoided as far as possible.
There is no known bad effect of Antacid but it can be habitual.
If you need Eno everyday in my opinion you should experiment with your food quantity,Quality and timing.
Make more regular and healthy eating habits it may help you to avoid Eno.
Little food,More food,untimely food and spicy food trigger Acidity.
It is good to use Eno salt in certain recipes like dhokla and rava idli.
In case you are suffering from acidity, it is recommended to sip cold milk first in the morning and last thing at the night. If you are not a big fan of milk, you can opt for shakes or smoothies by adding fruits in them.
Here are a few more tips to avoid gas and bloating.
- Slow down. You might be hungry, but shoveling food in your mouth will cause you to gulp down more air, which can lead to gas and bloating.
- Opt for water instead of soda, or any other carbonated beverage. The carbonation just adds unnecessary air into your digestive tract.
- Drink a bottle of water about an hour before each meal to hold off thirst while you’re eating.
- At and around mealtimes, drink just enough to help your food go down. Drink in small sips, not large gulps, which can dilute your stomach acids, along with adding more air into your digestive system.
- Consider taking probiotic supplements, or eating more probiotic-containing yogurt. Probiotics help restore the balance between good and bad bacteria in your gut, which can get your digestive system back on track.
Next time, when you go for a Proposal be prepared to say Yes !!
Beta…. We have ENO